'market_type': 'spot'

Did you guys just add a new field for ‘fills/’ endpoint queries?

Hello @Urza! Thank you for taking an interest in trying out Coinbase APIs. We’re happy to help. For the details regarding your concern, first we’ll need you to provide us with the following information to further assist you with your concern.

• For clarification, may we know where and what you have seen in the new fields on /fills endpoint if you found any?

Once you send us the information requested above, we’ll work to quickly address all your concerns. Thank you!

2 Likes

Ok
2 days ago a call to the https://api.pro.coinbase.com/fills/ endpoint using the REST api was returning the 13 fields ‘created_at’, ‘trade_id’, ‘product_id’, ‘order_id’, ‘user_id’, ‘profile_id’, ‘liquidity’, ‘price’, ‘size’, ‘fee’, ‘side’, ‘settled’, and ‘usd_volume’ in JSON format
This is still the expected response if I were to believe the documentation provided by coinbase at Get all fills
see it here:

Yesterday almost 24 hours ago I started to receive responses from this endpoint with a 14th field; ‘market_type’.

Why?
What is this?
Why is this not in the changelog at Changelog ?
Where was, or -was-, this announced somewhere? I think I’ve asked this question before but where can API users receive forward guidance of upcoming changes to the API?

Hello @Urza! We appreciate your feedback and we thank you for patiently waiting while we look into this.

The new response property, market_type, is for the preparation of the upcoming Request For Quote (RFQ) feature. This field is used to distinguish RFQ matches from the spot market. Also, we would like to inform you that the changes have been updated in the documentation Change Log.

Additionally, you can keep track of the upcoming changes here.

We hope we were able to address all your concerns. Have a great day! :smile:

2 Likes

Ty, that’s very informative. I truly appreciate the response.

2 Likes