Market simulation without transactions

Hello. I would like to run my own bot for trading without third-party buyers. I mean to make a simulation of me being the only one in the market for this coin. Can you please tell me if I can try this through you or if you can suggest a third party resource. Thanks a lot in advance!)

Hi @kalinin! Welcome to the Coinbase Developer Forum! We understand that you want to run your own bot for trading without third-party buyers and you want to make a simulation of you being the only one in the market for your desired coin. With regard to your concern, sandbox is available for testing API connectivity and web trading. However, please note that although sandbox hosts a subset of the production order books and supports all exchange functionality except Transfers for users to utilize within the testing environment, values may differ from real-time market data and may not be updated.

We would also like to inform you to check first if the cryptocurrencies that you want to use are available for trading, you may get all known trading pairs by using the Get all known trading pairs endpoint. This gets a list of available currency pairs for trading. Please note that as announced here, Coinbase Pro (including Pro APIs) will be fully sunsetted in early 2023, after all customers have migrated to the new Advanced Trade . Customers will be notified 30 days before accounts (or wallets) are transitioned from Coinbase Pro to Advanced Trade. Additionally, while Sandboxes are a great way of testing, they can also be unstable at times, and this might happen due to several reasons such as the Sandbox server not validating the orders and so unrealistic orders being put into place, affecting placing market orders, etc.

For more information about Sandbox, you may visit this link: Sandbox | Coinbase Cloud

We hope we were able to help you with regard to your concern. Please do not hesitate to reply back to this thread if you have any other questions in mind.

2 Likes

It turns out that I will need to select from a list of tokens that are the minimum trade or is it still in the sandbox to be set up to trade only my bot? Could you send me a link to the instructions or just write where to see it. I would be very grateful.

1 Like

Hi @kalinin! Thank you for replying back to us! But in order for us to ensure that we are on the same page with you, we need you to provide us first with the following information:

• If possible, can you tell us more about your intended use case? This is essential for us so we can provide more accurate information for you.
  • Can you please explain further with what you meant by “It turns out that I will need to select from a list of tokens that are the minimum trade or is it still in the sandbox to be set up to trade only my bot?”

Please note the Coinbase has an array of supported trading pairs and we suggest that you check those by calling for the Get all known trading pairs endpoint. You could do this by pushing a GET request to https://api-public.sandbox.exchange.com. With this, you would get a clearer picture if the sandbox can support the trading pairs that you want your trading bot to trade in the testing environment.

We appreciate your patience and understanding. We’ll be awaiting your response. Have a great day!

3 Likes

Dear Coinbase,

First of all, thank you for being in contact. This is really helpful.

My requirement is very simple. I am in the process of developing my own trading bot and now it’s necessary to start testing its. In order to consider any little details, I need to have a real exchange interface (graph, order book, trades, spread and so on).

But that would be dangerous to test my system with real accounts, funds and market participants. So I would like you to give me instructions of how I can get such opportunity from your side.

Can you provide me with the demo account for any market on your exchange to simulate a real trading and check my algorithms? Or I can choose any market for this?

Hi @kalinin! Thank you for providing the information we need. Based on the use case you have mentioned, we think that utilizing the sandbox could really be helpful. As we initially stated, Sandbox is available for testing API connectivity and web trading. We would like to reiterate that sandbox hosts a subset of the production order books and supports all exchange functionality except Transfers for users to utilize within the testing environment, values may differ from real-time market data and may not be updated. Coinbase Pro (including Pro APIs) will be fully sunsetted in early 2023, after all customers have migrated to the new Advanced Trade. You can get all known trading pairs by using the Get all known trading pairs endpoint.

For you to get started with Sandbox, log into the sandbox web interface to create an API key, deposit/withdraw funds, etc. Login sessions and API keys are separate from production. To create an API key in the sandbox web interface:

1. Go to the sandbox web interface
  2. Create an account or sign in.
  3. Go to the API in your profile dropdown menu.
  4. Click New API Key.

Once you successfully log into Sandbox, you can utilize limited features within the testing environment and can start trading on the available market listed on the platform. You can visit the link for more information about Sandbox.

We hope this is helpful, please let us know if you have any other questions. Have a great day!

4 Likes