Invalid Request - Maximum attempts exceeded

Hello!
It seems that en error in my code triggered an infinite loop which caused lots of requests to send 2FA code to myself and I received this following error:

{
  errors: [
    {
      id: 'invalid_request',
      message: "You've exceeded the maximum number of attempts for today."
    }
  ]
}

What is the maximum attempt and will this refresh? If so, when?

Thanks all for the help.

When I am trying it says " error with two Factor"

Hi @AnthoHad! Thank you for taking an interest in trying out Coinbase APIs. For the details regarding your inquiry, we will check on this for you with our team to see how we can best assist. We’ll get back to you once we have more information. Keep in touch!

1 Like

Hi!
Thanks for the quick response.
It seems that indeed it was a temporary pause as the service is back to normal.

1 Like

Hi again!
reopening this discussion as I am having a different error message for now which is the following:

errors: [
    {
      id: 'invalid_request',
    }
  ]

Can you confirm that again this issue is on the API side and not related to code I have written?

Thank you for patiently waiting while we look into this, @AnthoHad. There’s no reported issue on the API as per the status page. Rest assured that the error you are receiving will go away after a while. Also, the number of attempts to request a 2FA code is limited to 40 attempts per day.

Additionally, you may check our documentation for rate limits and this Help Center page for 2FA troubleshooting guides.

We hope this helps. Please let us know if you encountered the same issue so we can further investigate it for you.

Have a nice day!

2 Likes