Increase rate limit on charge creation endpoint?

Hi there,

I am developing a website to sell an ebook online and I only want to accept cryptocurrencies as form of payment. I successfully integrated Coinbase Commerce API in my application but I can see there is a rate limit of 25 calls/minute on the charge creation endpoint.
I’m afraid it’s not enough as I won’t use any other payment service on my website, and my ebook will be sold worldwide…

Is there a way to increase this limit?

Thank you in advance!

Hi @FligFlug! Welcome to the forum! We understand that you are developing a website to sell an ebook online through Coinbase Commerce and you want to increase your rate limit beyond the 25 requests per minute on the charge creation endpoint as stated in the documentation. Fortunately it’s possible to do so however you must provide us with relevant information that will be our grounds/basis to increase your limit such as:

• Volume of sales that you would be expecting,
  • A link to your website
  • Any indication that you are actually hitting the rate limit. In order to increase the limit we need to check the maximum request which you have already made per minute, if that is nearing 90% to 95% then only we can proceed further to increase the limit.

If you have the requirement to increase the limit we suggest you to open a support ticket denoting the need for it. Please take note that these requests when made will be subjected for review and approval. We hope we were able to address your concern. Please feel free to reach back to us should you have other queries/concerns.

1 Like

Hi @HakunaMatata!

Thank you very much for your reply.

Who should I contact to make such a request?

Thanks

Hello @FligFlug! Thank you for reaching back to us! As we mentioned above, if you want to make a request to increase your rate Limit, we suggest you open a Support Ticket using the email address associated with your Coinbase account and make sure to include the information we asked for, including the link to this forum so that the team will know it’s you. Looking forward to hearing from you. Have a great day!

2 Likes

Thank you so much @BeardMan :wink:

2 Likes