I have the seed phrase to the ETH wallet for Coinbase Commerce, how do I get it or a private key for Bitcoin?

I have the seed phrase to the ETH wallet, how do I get it or a private key for Bitcoin?

If this is not possible to receive, can I manually set addresses when creating a checkout with the API?

Hello @jmclendon! Thank you for taking an interest in trying out Coinbase APIs. For the details regarding your concern, we will check on this for you with our team. We will get back to you once we have more information. Keep in touch!

3 Likes

Hi @jmclendon, thanks for patiently waiting while we check on this with our team!

To answer your concern, Coinbase will show you a seed phrase after you have created a Coinbase Commerce account. This seed phrase can be used to withdraw funds from your Coinbase Commerce account. You will only receive one seed phrase, not one for every cryptocurrency. So, it is most likely that the seed phrase that you mentioned that belongs to your ETH wallet is not actually limited to your ETH wallet but is used to withdraw funds from all the crypto in your Coinbase Commerce account.

With regards to manually setting addresses when creating a checkout via the API. Unfortunately, it is not possible to set the addresses.

We hope this helps! If you have further questions, feel free to reply to this thread. Thanks!

2 Likes

Do you find out how to get a private key for Bitcoin? I am still wondering how to recover wallet for BTC in other BTC wallet.