How know depositable and withdrawable of currency by api?

i want to know depositable/withdrawable each currency by api.
but, i can’t find out at api document.

Is there way to know if each currency can be deposited or withdrawn?

in case binance or okx, there are provide currency of availability of deposit/withdraw through api

Hi @jekyem! You may try to check this API Documentation. This gets a list of all known currencies available. Let me know if this helps.

3 Likes

Hi @BlackPanda !!
Thank you for your reply.

But it’s a little different from what I wanted to know.
My explanation wasn’t enough. It was my mistake.

What I want to know is whether I can deposit/withdraw coins received in API, not a list of all coins used in coinbase.
In the case of “TBTC”, There is an infinite loop when getting a deposit address from the website.
Isn’t it impossible to deposit “TBTC”?
스크린샷 2022-04-01 오후 5.56.02

Also, in case of “XRP”, it is “delisted” in api, but deposit/withdrawal is possible.
스크린샷 2022-04-01 오후 5.56.32
I don’t know if “TBTC” and “XRP” can be deposited or withdrawn as a result of API.

Usually, other exchanges have currency that can be traded but can’t deposit/withdrawal because network update or system issue
They are giving this information through api and homepage.

Do you have an api to get this kind of information from coinbase?

Hi @jekyem ! Sorry for the late response. There is currently no way to know if each currency can be deposited or withdrawn via our API. This is really an interesting request and we recommend that you post this in the Feedback Section of the Forum as most new features and improvements to Coinbase come directly from feedback like yours, so it’s very valuable to us.

As for the TBTC, new deposit address generation is currently turned off (intentional) but withdrawals are still live and trading is also not supported. You can also check/confirm it on this link. I hope this helps. Thank you!

2 Likes

Is there a way to know of past generated crypto addresses for each asset by api? Looking through the api there seems to not be a function for this, but on the coinbase.com crypto assets page the UI lists all past crypto addresses so I assume this is possible?

Hi @erc20fan, we apologize but currently there is no way to generate past crypto addresses for each asset using the API. We recommend that you post this in the Feedback Section of the Forum as most new features and improvements to Coinbase come directly from feedback like yours, so it’s very valuable to us.

1 Like

“This is really an interesting request” ? This is one of the most basic features ever and literally vital for anyone wanting to programatically trade with your exchange. How is it 2024 and this still isn’t implemented yet?