How Can I get the Currency from trans list?

Hello, When I pulled Trans for a account id,it returned json data did not contains currency. How can I get it?

Hello @Mysoul. Welcome to the forum! Thank you for taking interest in Coinbase APIs.

I see that you are using the transfers endpoint. However, this endpoint doesn’t include what currency was transferred.

If you want to retrieve currencies from transfers or deposits, you can generate reports using the Reports endpoint specifically the POST request to https://api.exchange.coinbase.com/reports and the GET request to https://api.exchange.coinbase.com/reports/{report_id} to download it.

Additionally, we have escalated this to our engineering team for a fix. Though we currently don’t have an estimated time on when the fix would be implemented, rest assured that we will inform you once we have an update.

Thank you!

3 Likes

Thank you ~
I will try it again later

3 Likes

Hello @Mysoul! We would like to inform you that the issue you have reported has been fixed. You should be able to see now that the currency is being returned as part of the response for the transfers endpoint. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Please reach out in the future if you need anything else.

2 Likes

All right, Thank you~

Hi,@lioness! I found that in the returned message, some sections content still has no currency. Is there any special processing logic?

Hi @Mysoul ! Our team is still in the process of adding the currency field to all the transactions/transfers, so you will notice that any new transfers will have the field, but we are still adding that field for older transfers, and it will take some time before seeing the currency field added to all transfers.

We hope this helps clarify things, and thank you for your patience and understanding.

Please reach out in the future if you need anything else.

4 Likes

thank you very much~

WOW…
I asked the coinbase pro support 2 YEARS ago why the transfers do not include any currency field, but only received a response after 1 year and the response was not helpful at all, because the support is just the worst from all exchanges.

Now I finally found this place and just few days ago you (Mysoul) made coinbase fix this issue, thank you very much !

@Coinbase:
Please also fix this for other endpoints, like the “ledger” endpoint. It also does not contain any information about the currency when the type is “transfer”.
The “fee” type also has no currency, not 100% sure though if this is needed, since it at least has the product_id.

Hello @Serpens66. Welcome to the forum! Thank you for taking interest in our Coinbase APIs. We will relay your concern with our team and we will get back to you once we have an update. Keep in touch!

Hi @Serpens66,

Thank you for your patience while we were looking into this. Regarding what you’ve reported about the currency parameter not being shown in the response when the type is “transfer” for the “ledger” endpoint, we have escalated this to our engineering team, and we will let you know as soon as we have updates from them.

About the “fee” endpoint, adding the currency to the response would be a feature request since that parameter is not expected on the response at this time. We recommend that you post this in the Feedback Section of the Forum as most new features and improvements to Coinbase come directly from feedback like yours, so it’s very valuable to us. Thanks!

1 Like

Hi @Serpens66! We would like to give you an update regarding the concern escalated to our engineering team. We have a confirmation that unfortunately, the GET /accounts/_account_id/ledger does not include the currency information. The ledger response includes different entry types, including the currency would likely break the current schema given that some types don’t have anything to do with currency. It’s possible, but a non-trivial change to the REST API. Also the amount of data on the ledger table is way bigger than the transfers table, back filling this data would take a very long time.

Moreover, regarding the /ledger endpoint to include information about the currency when the type is “transfer”, we’ve logged this as a feature request with our internal teams so we can continue improving our user experience. Most new features and improvements to our products come directly from feedback like yours, so it’s very valuable to us. While we can’t offer any specific timeline for adding features, we are constantly working to build products our customers will love.

If you want to stay up to date on the latest from Coinbase Cloud, you can also bookmark the following webpage and subscribe to email updates at the bottom of the page: https://www.coinbase.com/cloud/discover

We hope we’re able to clarify this concern. Have a great day!

1 Like