Get product ticker vs. WebSocket ticker channel is not a comparable mapping!

All exchanges have a “get ticker” end-point, including Coinbase Pro. Advanced Trade doesn’t have this, at least not from what I’ve seen.

Which API endpoint will retrieve the last ticker for a market?

I also noticed there is no time API in Advanced Trade. It’s not even listed in the mappings. All exchanges have this and seems to have been missed as well!

I’ve found the price (which I assume is the ticker). It’s in the products end-point.

Hello @michael.whittle! Thank you for taking an interest in trying out Coinbase APIs. For the details regarding your inquiry about Get Product Ticker endpoint in Advanced Trade API, we will check on this for you with our team to see how we can best assist.

For the time endpoint, there may be no available in Advanced Trade API but you can use the one available in Sign in with Coinbase API as Advanced Trade and Sign in with Coinbase are both under the coinbase.com and uses the same API credentials. Although Advanced Trade API lets you manage orders, products, and fees with our new v3 endpoints. It does not duplicate core Coinbase functions for account deposits, withdrawals, and transactions – for these you need our Sign In with Coinbase API v2 endpoints.

We hope this helps. We’ll get back to you once we have more information. Keep in touch!

1 Like

Hello again @michael.whittle! In regard to the Advanced Trade API endpoint that will retrieve the last tick, you may utilize the Get Market Trades endpoint. This endpoint gets snapshot information, by product ID, about the last trades (ticks), and best bid/ask.

We apologize for the confusion but in the Pro Mapping, Get Product Ticker is not correctly matched, we already informed the relevant team to update the Pro Mapping documentation. You may also notice that in the Get Market Trades - API references it was mentioned that aside from the last tick and best bid/ask, the endpoint also gets snapshot information of 24h volume. However, in the API response the 24h volume is missing. We already reported this to the relevant team as well.

We hope this helps. If you have any other questions, please let us know. Have a great day!

1 Like