FIX ssl handshake error

Hello all,

I’m having a great deal of trouble getting the FIX ssl handshake to work correctly.

I am sending a client hello and receiving a server hello. However, when consuming the server hello I’m getting a fatal CERTIFICATE_UNKNOWN error. Is there a specific server certificate I should be adding to my trust store?

I’ve extracted the server certificates using this command :

openssl s_client -showcerts -connect fix-public.sandbox.exchange.coinbase.com:4198 </dev/null | sed -n -e '/-.BEGIN/,/-.END/ p' > certifs.sandbox.exchange.pem

And I’ve created a java trust store using this command :

keytool -importcert -file certifs.sandbox.exchange.pem -keystore truststore.sandbox.exchange.jks -alias coinbase

Finally I build a trust store using the created jks store and attempt to create an SSLSocket. At is at this time that I encounter the error.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 Like

Hello @geostanl! Thank you for taking an interest in trying out Coinbase APIs. For the details regarding your concern, we will check on this for you with our team. We will get back to you once we have more information. Keep in touch!

2 Likes

Hi @geostanl, for us to further assist you with your issue, we’d like to ask whether you are already using the new SSL Cerificates for Coinbase Pro/Exchange FIX API. To read more on this, you may visit our documentation here.

We would be waiting for your response. Thanks!

3 Likes