Does Sign In with Coinbase work on V3 endpoints?

The documentation (to my eyes) is very ambiguous about this, and I’m unclear if the Sign In with Coinbase method can be used with the Adv Trade exchange, or if it’s only the Coinbase.com front-end interactions? For instance, are trading pairs like ETH-BTC available to transactions initiated via Sign in with Coinbase?

Hi @storshun! Thank you for your enthusiasm in using the Advanced Trade API. We understand that the Advanced Trade API documentation is ambiguous for you. Rest assured that we are here to clear things out for you.

To answer your question if trading pairs are available to transactions initiated via Sign in with Coinbase, you cannot use trading pairs in Sign in with Coinbase and it cannot be used for trading. However, Sign in with Coinbase is capable of buying/selling and sending/receiving digital assets. If you want to utilize Sign in with Coinbase, you can check this page to see the supported cryptocurrencies.

Meanwhile, Advanced Trade supports advanced trading features only as it is intended for a more experienced trader. It lets you trade and manage orders and a WebSocket protocol for real-time market data which the trading pairs are applicable to. If you want to place an order via Advanced Trade, you can check the list of available trading pairs by pushing a GET request to /products endpoint.

Additionally, to clarify if Sign in with Coinbase methods can be used with the Advanced Trade, or if it’s only the Coinbase.com front-end interactions. NO, you cannot use Sign in with Coinbase v2 methods directly with Advanced trade. Although, Advanced Trade and Sign in with Coinbase are both under the coinbase.com and use the same API credentials. Advanced Trade does not duplicate core Coinbase functions for account deposits, withdrawals, transactions, for these you need our Sign In with Coinbase API v2 endpoints.

Moreover, we’ve logged your concern regarding the ambiguity of the Advanced trade API documentation as a feedback with our internal teams so we can continue improving our user experience. Most new features and improvements to our products come directly from feedback like yours, so it’s very valuable to us. While we can’t offer any specific timeline for improvements/adding features, we are constantly working to build products our customers will love.

If you want to stay up to date on the latest from Coinbase Cloud, you can also bookmark this webpage and subscribe to email updates.

We hope this helps. If you have questions or clarifications, please do not hesitate to reach out back to us again.

2 Likes

Hey Mamoshi27, thanks and I appreciate the clarity. I wish your explanation were at the start of the Adv Trade API Documentation.