Depositing fiat using the API

I’d like to use the ‘Sign in with Coinbase’ API to automatically deposit fiat (in my case, GBP) from a payment method.

The only payment method that seems to work is of type uk_bank_account. If I try to POST a deposit using another payment method type such as worldpay_card, I receive status 400 and the body says Can't deposit with this payment method.

Using the uk_bank_account payment method to deposit returns a 200 OK but doesn’t do anything. The response shows the status as created but the funds never land in my account and my bank doesn’t notify me or anything. Also, despite the allow_deposit flag on this payment method being false, the deposit is successfully created.

Ideally, I’d like to deposit using the ‘Easy bank transfer’ method. I’m expecting to be able to POST a deposit and receive back a Open Banking URL to pass on to the user, but I can’t see anything like this in the response.

Is depositing fiat using the API actually supported?

Thanks.

Hello @cedws! Welcome to the forum! We appreciate your interest in using Coinbase APIs and we’re happy to help, but first we’ll need you to provide us with the following information so that we can further assist you with your concern:

• Could you walk us through on how you make a Post Request and a screenshot of the response you are receiving (e.g. 200 OK, 400 and the body of the response, etc.)?
  • Can you provide your code snippet for us to be able to further investigate your concern? Please do not include any sensitive and confidential data/information to your response for security purposes.

Once you send us the information requested above, we’ll work to quickly address this concern. We appreciate your patience and understanding. Thank you and have a good day!

1 Like