Currency conversion API for Managed accounts

I’d like for my commerce transactions to automatically convert to fiat. Seems like this is possible with a Managed account. But I’m unclear on some details. I’d like my application to be notified of the fees involved in this conversion. Is there a webhook or API where I can get this info?

@pforsyth - Thank you for reaching out! We are working with the teams here to see what the best direction to point you in would be - stay tuned!

1 Like

@pforsyth - Thank you for your patience here. Finally sorted through this and, unfortunately, there is auto convert to fiat at this time. I have noted the HELP article below.

At this time, Coinbase Commerce is a cryptocurrency-only service, meaning you can’t link your bank account directly to your Commerce account. However, you can convert your funds to USDC or withdraw them to your Coinbase account. From there can you withdraw to your linked bank account.

https://help.coinbase.com/en/commerce/getting-started/withdrawals

Thanks @arood . I’m trying to learn more about the Coinbase managed service, and how it relates to the Commerce product. On the Commerce homepage it says “Free automatic settlement of crypto or fiat” under the Coinbase managed feature list. What does that mean?

1 Like

+1 for better Coinbase integration support for Commerce. I simply want to saddle my user up to their Coinbase account and move money in (e.g. refunds) and out (e.g. purchases) and Commerce is a hugely confusing and burdensome implementation to do so.

Hello @Mike-E , thank you for the feedback, we really appreciate this. We would like to recommend that you post this in the Feedback Section of the Forum as most new features and improvements to Coinbase come directly from feedback like yours, so it’s very valuable to us. Thank you for your support with Coinbase, we’ll continue to improve to give you better service. Thanks!

1 Like

Thank YOU @bazinga for showing care toward your product. I really appreciate that. :smiley: FWOW I spent the past year or so complaining about a broken feature and not a single soul from Coinbase chimed in during the entire time – until 2.5 years had passed to let us know about these forums. Let’s just say that it did not leave a good impression. :stuck_out_tongue:

Good to see there are people here who are active and caring however. :+1: I will post a new thread at the suggested location. Thank you again for the kind assist. :pray:

2 Likes