Correct syntax for creating orders is not in the examples

Using the online documentation, I created a market sell order. The only fields that populate in the body are “client_order_id”, “product_id”, and “side”. Any other data filled in does not show up in the example.

When previously using the online documentation in December, this content did show up. I am not able to get the formatting correct without proper documentation. Please correct this so we can continue with our development efforts.

1 Like

Hi @Jason! With regards to your concern, we want to let you know that this is a known issue and that our internal teams are working hard to fix it as soon as possible. Please note that we do not have an ETA for the fix but rest assured that we are constantly working to address the said issue. Thank you so much for your patience! Have a good day.

1 Like

@Jason
I am not sure in what language you are developing, but this syntax works for me in R. By comparing the examples for different languages, you may be able to “translate” them.

Buy side
“{"client_order_id":"18ce6e26-9e1b-a5c4-3f87-14854ba7e78e","product_id":"BTC-USD","side":"BUY","order_configuration":{"market_market_ioc":{"quote_size":"1"}}}”

Sell side
“{"client_order_id":"b49b9a3a-14a9-c9f5-1988-2339b83f619f","product_id":"BTC-USD","side":"SELL","order_configuration":{"market_market_ioc":{"base_size":"5.882e-05"}}}”

I have a function that generates the “client_order_id”. These need to be unique for each order.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need examples for limit orders.

2 Likes

Hey, thanks for example. This is going to execute a market buy and sell?

@Magahaka Not a problem. That would be the payload or body part of it. Are you working in the R programming language? If so, I can provide more code that might help you.

I’m working with javascript. And in advanced trade api docs I could not understand how to buy and sell at market price. Because in exchange pro api you specificaly add a flag if you want make an order with market or limit.
But yeah, if you could give me a code example on how do you execute a market buy/sell I would appreciate it a lot

@Magahaka I have not used Javascript in quite a while. I can provide you with a canned solution in R, for carrying out a market buy/sell. Perhaps with that you could “translate” it in to Javascript or maybe I can convert you to R :slight_smile: .

Thank you. I will give it a try.

@Magahaka I have code at GitHub GitHub - Squirrel-hue/rcbatapi: Package with Functions to support the Advanced Trading API in R. It would take some effort to produce the required code, and it would be in R, not Javascript.

All the code required to place market trades should be included in the README.md file.

I know this may not be what you are looking for. If you have other questions, do not hesitate to contact me.

1 Like

Thank you, it’s very helpful. I just rewrite this in javascript. And I have an idea to create a package for javascript for other people.

Dear @Magahaka,

How is it coming along? Let me know if you have any further questions.

Ah, sorry so much stuff going around. So yeah, one person shared his advanced api implementation and I integrated it into my project and it seems to be working great. Only weird thing is the advanced trade api itself. Placing buy/sell orders at market price, for example: if you want to buy any crypto - minimum amount must be at least 1 EUR, also if you want to sell your crypto - there’s a minimum amount is like 0.35 EUR.

@Magahaka Yes, I have been busy as well. I am glad that you were able to get it working. I believe that I mentioned the minimum amounts under my discussion of how to use the R package I uploaded to GitHub. Fortunately, that size is not a real limitation for the trades that I want to carry.

Happy trading!