Coinbase Wallet - Solana Integration

Coinbase Wallet now integrates into your Solana web applications! Take a look at our docs below - we would love to hear about the experience and answer any questions you may have!

3 Likes

Congrats on getting this launched – love having it for my Solana dapp!

During development, I’ve run into an interesting issue when attempting to sign a transaction. If I’m not the fee payer, the browser extension yields the “Something went wrong” error message. I contacted support about this earlier this week and was assured this was a known issue, but I am curious what the resolution timeline looks like. Thanks!

Hi @ryanrice ! Thank you! We’re stoked to be building out the multi-chain world and appreciate you being a part of that. I am checking on this issue and timeline for you - hope to have an update for you soon. Thanks again for the enthusiasm and engagement!

1 Like

Thanks for checking on this!

Wanted to flag something else in case it wasn’t already known. As of v2.28.1, the Chrome extension seems to not be able to sign messages. I just see a plain black screen in the pop up when I try, and this prevents Coinbase Wallet users from connecting to my dapp. Any info here would be greatly appreciated!

Hi @ryanrice - looks like we can reproduce this - working on figuring out what is going on. Thanks for flagging!

Hey @arood, any update on this?

Hi @ryanrice we had opened an urgent ticket to review - it looks like it should be working. The team also noted that it only occurs if wallet A has zero SOL in it. Can you please confirm? Maybe disconnect and reconnect to try again? Thank you!

@arood great to hear that the fee payer issue is likely resolved! I’m still seeing issues signing messages on v2.29.1 though, so I am unable to connect my wallet and test at this time

Edit: Disconnecting via the extension’s dapp connections and reconnecting worked, but I get a black screen when signing a transaction for which I’m not the fee payer

@ryanrice are you able to tell me what kind of transaction you’re trying to sign?

@arood I’m experiencing the issue on a handful of different transactions, but the simplest one transfers USDC from the user’s wallet to our system wallet and an NFT from our system wallet to the user’s wallet

@ryanrice - I know the team has been working on these with updates planned this week and next. Have you still been experiencing issues with your transactions?

@arood Everything seems to be working! Thank y’all so much

@arood Actually I spoke too soon – I think there may be an issue with partial signing. I get the “User canceled request” error when signing a transaction that doesn’t already have all other signatures.