Coinbase terms/products

Is there like a comparison chart somewhere that lists all the Coinbase “buzz terms” slash products? Ideally with what’s going away and what’s coming? I am so confused with all the different terminology. I’m trying to develop PowerShell scripts against Coinbase Exchange, but it sounds like that whole system (APIs, etc) are going away to be replaced with “Advanced Trade”? I was just starting to get a handle on the Exchange documentation and it sounds like now I have to start completely over. I would like better clarification…

Hey @Charlatat, you may refer to this link to know more on different Products and Services Coinbase Cloud offers. Also, here’s the documentation for each of the APIs we have. If you want to stay up to date on the latest from Coinbase Cloud, you can also bookmark the following webpage and subscribe to email updates at the bottom of the page: https://www.coinbase.com/cloud/discover

Also, Advanced Trade will replace Coinbase Pro as our better advanced trading platform. Coinbase Pro (including Pro APIs) will be fully sunsetted going forward in 2023, after all customers have been migrated & replaced with Advanced Trade. However, the Exchange APIs (FIX, REST and Websocket), will continue to be available to Exchange (Institutional) clients.

If you want to know more about Coinbase Pro deprecation, you may visit this post and FAQ. You may also refer to this part of the documentation to be able to learn the equivalent endpoint of Coinbase Pro to Advanced Trade: Pro API Mapping.

We hope this helps. We’d be happy to answer any more questions. Thank you and have a great day!

1 Like