Coinbase pro websocket latency delay

Hi, I am connecting to a level 2 channel and receiving updates via websocket. I noticed that the time received of any updates are around from 500 milliseconds ago meaning that there is around a half second delay from the server time first seen the message and when I actually receive the update. Is this intended as the websocket probably goes through cloudflare to prevent ddos or is my connection not as performant?

Welcome back to Coinbase Cloud Developer’s Forum, erc20fan! For the details regarding your concern, we will check on this for you with our team. We will get back to you once we have more information. Keep in touch!

1 Like

Hello erc20fan! Regarding your concern about experiencing a 500 milliseconds delay when receiving updates when connecting to l2 channel, our Websocket channels deliver updates as soon as those become available. However, any such delay is possible since the connection is established over the public internet.

Additionally, you can check out this section to know more about the best practices when utilizing Websocket channels.

We hope this helps! If you have further questions or clarification, please do not hesitate to reach out back to us. Thank you and have a nice day!

1 Like