Coinbase api can't generate new address

Create address keep give same address again and again, instead of generate a new one. is this error coming from coinbase api? cause usually it will generate new address without any issue, it just happened start from yesterday. Thank you in advance!

2 Likes

I also encountered the same problem. It started on June 23, before that addresses were normally generated. But I noticed a pattern that if the address is used, then the exchange can issue a new address

4 Likes

Hello @arena.music.trial and @AI2022. Thank you for reporting this. For the details regarding your concern, we will check on this for you with our team. We will get back to you once we have more information. Keep in touch!

2 Likes

Thanks! Hope it will back to normal soon!

4 Likes

Any update about this issue? Thank you in advance!

3 Likes

Hi @AI2022 and @arena.music.trial,

Thanks for reaching out to us about this situation. Our team is aware of this issue and is working towards this. We will update this forum post once we have further updates.

We appreciate your patience as we continue to resolve this issue.

4 Likes

Any update for this issue?

3 Likes

Hi everyone, I am having the same issue with generating new addresses via api endpoint.

It is impacting my business’s Coinbase customers.

Is there any known workaround?

2 Likes

Nothing till now, still waiting coinbase to give us newest update about it. Hope it will be fixed soon.

2 Likes

Works for me as before

2 Likes

Hello @AI2022, @arena.music.trial, and @ken-from-gilded.

We appreciate your patience and understanding as we investigate this issue.

As an update from our engineering team, I am pleased to report that the issue with generating new addresses should now be resolved and users should now be able to generate new addresses when using the API.

We would like to confirm if it’s already working on your end. Thank you!

5 Likes

everything works for me

3 Likes

Works great for me too! Thanks for the help! @LaRisa @bazinga and Coinbase team!

3 Likes