Bitcoin receiving addresses are not changing?

Hello, I noticed that the address to receive bitcoin on coinbase does not change anymore, why?
Before, whenever we received bitcoin on the coinbase, the bitcoin address would change on the next receipt, now I always see the same address for bitcoin receipts :frowning: why? Has the coinbase changed the way we receive bitcoin in our wallet?

I appreciate help please

Hello @rubtog ! Thank you for reaching out to us. For the details regarding your concern, we will check on this for you with our team. We will get back to you once we have more information. Keep in touch!

thank you very much for your reply judy.absalon :slight_smile:

This problem appeared about a week ago, this last week whenever I make a bitcoin deposit in my coinbase wallet, the address does not change :frowning: before the address always changed after receiving the money in the coinbase wallet.

I will wait for your help and clarification :slight_smile: thanks

Hi @rubtog ! As part of Coinbase’s support of sending and receiving crypto across Polygon and Solana, addresses will become unified across EVM-compatible networks and not be re-generated at each receive, consistent with most of our competitors and in-line with industry norms. See the following blog post for more information: https://blog.coinbase.com/send-and-receive-crypto-on-multiple-networks-starting-with-polygon-and-solana-e03d8480fe54

You can still manually generate a new address for an asset from the following page: Coinbase Account. Thank you!

1 Like

Ok, thanks for the explanation, it’s a negative change because not changing the receiving addresses will give much less security and this will be a centralization of the system :frowning:

You said that on coinbase it is possible to change the addresses of bitcoin receipts manually, can you explain to me how to do this change manually? I really need to know please.

Hi @rubtog! In order for you to generate a new address for an asset, you can follow the steps below:

1. Navigate to Coinbase Account
  2. Using the dropdown at the top of the page, select the asset that you wish to generate a new address for
  3. A button called + Create new address will appear, click on that to generate a new address for the selected asset

We hope this helps. Thanks!

2 Likes

I’m very grateful for your help :slight_smile: I managed to generate a new address following your instructions, thank you very much for the fantastic help you gave me :slight_smile: thank you so much :slight_smile:

:slight_smile:

4 Likes

Sure thing @rubtog, we are always happy to help! Thanks for letting us know it all worked out. Please reach out in the future if you need anything else. Have a great day! :smiley:

1 Like