API version and notification's

API Version and Notifications

I not sure what to do here and don’t what to screw up as it states “there is no going back” Please help with circumsatance below. How do I know if I need to upgrade “no turning back” How do I know if I should uograde? Don’t undeerstand the explanation. (read boldface).

API Version and Notifications

Notifications allow you to subscribe to updates for your OAuth application or API key. Since notifications are delivered via webhooks, they always correspond to the API version displayed below. Before upgrading your service, ensure that your application is ready to accept the latest notification version. [Learn more about notifications.](Notifications | Coinbase Cloud)

API Version: 2019-12-12 Upgrade

Hey @louis, Welcome to the forum community.

API version is generally passed as a CB-VERSION header. As notifications are delivered via webhooks, they don’t have access to CB-VERSION header which is used to define the version for API requests. Instead a version defined in user’s API settings is used. Please ensure that you’re up-to-date with API Version. You can find the API version details below in this link https://www.coinbase.com/settings/api. For more info, please refer to the Versioning document.

We hope this helps. We’d be happy to answer any more queries. Thank you and have a great day!

1 Like

Thank you, Have a nice day.

1 Like