I am using Coinbase, not Coinbase Pro. I am able to create an API key but the API Secret is not visible. Where is the API Secret visible?
Hello @RRJ! Welcome to the forum! Thank you for taking interest in our Coinbase APIs.
As we can see, you are having trouble with accessing the API Secret related to your API Key. For this, we assume that you are only trying to view your existing API Key. However, it is only during the API Key creation process that you will be able to see its corresponding API Secret.
If you would still remember during the API Key creation process, after you click the “Create” button, a pop-up window will appear containing the API key details (API Key, API Secret, its status, date created, and last updated date). This is the only time you will be able to view and copy your API Secret. Hence, we highly recommend that you take note of these credentials and store them in a safe place. Again, you cannot view your API Secret by clicking ‘Show’ once the pop-up window has already been shown.
Since your enabled API Key does not seem to have its corresponding API Secret now, we recommend you to delete this API key and create a new one by going through the usual process of generating an API key.
Please take note that for account related concern, you may also send a ticket here - https://help.coinbase.com/en/contact-us
We hope this helps. If the issue still persists, please let us know so we can assist you further.
Thank you for your response. I get the pop-up window but it does not have the API Secret in it. Only the API key, the date created and last updated and status. Status is initially disabled and then I enable it. Grateful for advice,
Hello @RRJ! We would need you to provide the following information to further investigate your issue:
- Did you create a NEW API KEY and still got no API secret during the process?
- Can you create a NEW API KEY again to see if there are no API SECRET generated ?
- If there are still no API Key Secret during the creation of the NEW API Key, can you provide us a screenshot of your step by step process during your NEW API Key creation?
Once you send us the information requested above, we’ll work to quickly address this issue. Thank you!
Hello, I encountered the same bug as RRJ. I created a few API Keys and each time I’m never shown the secret key. Can you please raise this issue to the engineering team to fix?
Hello @justin.michael Welcome to the Developer’s Forum!
We’re sorry to hear that you encountered this kind of issue. Rest assured that we will help you with this. We’ve tried creating an API key on our end and we were able to see the API secret, so this issue might be occurring on some users only. We recommend that you try the troubleshooting steps below. You may also try these steps if you are still experiencing the same issue, @RRJ.
If you are experiencing this issue on a desktop computer, please:
- Update your browser to the latest version.
- Try reproducing the issue in incognito mode.
- Clear your browser’s cache and restart your browser.
- Test if the issue still occurs on a different browser (we recommend Google Chrome).
- Try signing out of, then back into, Coinbase.
- Try using our mobile app. If the issue does not appear on mobile, that will help us isolate the issue.
If you are experiencing this issue via the mobile web, a tablet, or a Windows phone:
- Coinbase is not optimized for these platforms. Please use the desktop website or an iOS/Android smartphone.
To rule out an issue with your network:
- Can you test if the issue can be reproduced on a different internet connection? (eg: at home, or at work)
If you’re still having trouble after this, kindly log a ticket here with the following information below so we could further investigate your concern.
- Please take a screen recording of your web browser including the “Network” tab of the Chrome web browser (can be accessed at View > Developer > Developer Tools > Network) as you recreate the issue upon creating the API Key.
Note: If you are using a Macbook then you can utilize QuickTime or in Windows go to Xbox Game Bar by pressing Window Logo Key + G to record your screen as you recreate the error. This may show some useful details such as HTTP responses that would help us investigate your case further.
We appreciate your patience and understanding. Thank you and have a nice day!