API Advanced Traiding

Dear Coinbase Team,
our team is getting a bit nervous as you want to shut down Coinbase pro on November 9th without any substitute for all the API users. Is there any chance that we can transition our Coinbase users in time? Did I miss any important announcement?
Thanks… Pacbot Team

Hi @Amoenke! Welcome to the Forum! We want to clarify that on November 9, 2022, Coinbase Pro will not sunset yet. The team is still hard at work on completing the Retail Advanced Trade API including its documentation and Coinbase Pro will not sunset not until Advanced Trade API is ready.

What will happen on November 9, 2022 is that if you have not transferred your funds to Coinbase, we’ll initiate the transfer on your behalf and send a confirmation email when the transfer is complete so you can manage all of your trading activity with a single unified account.

If you’re ready to transfer your Coinbase Pro balance to Coinbase, you may go through here. No need for you to worry as your funds are always safe and secure with Coinbase, and your balance will be available to trade instantly.

About the Retail Advanced Trade API, unfortunately we cannot provide an ETA for the launch date at this time. In the meantime, you can view from time to time our announcements here in the Coinbase Cloud developer forum as this is where we post our latest important updates. Also, you can look into our help center the details about Retail Advanced Trade API including the transitioning from Coinbase Pro.

We hope this helps. Thank you and have a nice day!

1 Like

Hi,
If our funds are going to automatically be transferred from Pro to Coinbase, doesn’t that mean it would no longer be possible to trade through Pro at all?
Since the new API is not ready, that means my application would stop working. That would impact a lot of my users as well.

Thanks

Hi @stevenb! First of all, welcome to the forum! Regarding the availability of Advanced Trading API, the team are still hard at work on building this API and there will be a lengthy grace period for Pro API users to migrate over to Advanced Trading API. Coinbase Pro APIs will not be impacted or sunsetted until a suitable replacement is available on Coinbase Advanced Trade.

We would like to reiterate the links below to know more about Coinbase Advanced Trade and a breakdown of how it compares to Coinbase Pro:

Thank you and again welcome to the community! :smile:

1 Like

Hi Shirly, I’m still confused. Will our funds still be in Pro after Nov 9?
Are you only moving the funds for people who don’t use the Pro API?

Thanks, steven for the asking the right questions…
I also have a hard time to understand what exactly is going to happen on november 9th.

coinbase and coinbase pro will merge to one portfolio but the whole functionality is not going to change on coinbase pro including api services… correct?

can I then automatically see all my funds from coinbase on coinbase pro?

what happens to all the sub portfolios?

what happens to the open orders of the:

• sub portfolios
  • and of the default portfolio?

thanks in advance for your answer but it is important for us to really understand this we can continuously support our coinbase users…

Hello @stevenb and @Amoenke! For better understanding, we itemize your queries and provide an answer for each:

Will our funds still be in Pro after Nov 9?

Beginning on November 9, 2022, your Coinbase Pro balance will be migrated to Coinbase, so you can manage all of your trading activity with a single unified account. If you have not transferred your funds to Coinbase, we’ll initiate the transfer on your behalf and send a confirmation email when the transfer is complete so you can manage all of your trading activity with a single unified account.

Are you only moving the funds for people who don’t use the Pro API?

All customers of Coinbase Pro will be migrated to Coinbase. For added security measures, we’ll be transferring Pro balances to Coinbase in different phases. we’ll send customers email updates with their expected migration phase. During your phase, we’ll automatically move your Pro balances to Coinbase, where they will be available for immediate use on Advanced Trade with the same low volume-based fees as Coinbase Pro.

coinbase and coinbase pro will merge to one portfolio but the whole functionality is not going to change on coinbase pro including api services… correct?

We would like to reiterate this article on our Help Center to know more about Coinbase Advanced Trade and a breakdown of how it compares to Coinbase Pro. Regarding API services, for API traders, we are currently building REST and Websocket protocols on Advanced Trade so that customers can use Advanced Trade under one unified Coinbase account. We will not begin sunsetting Pro APIs until we have the replacement ready for our current customers. Once it’s ready, we’ll notify our Coinbase Pro API customers to start moving their Pro balances to Advanced Trade on Coinbase. Until then, customers can continue to use Coinbase Pro APIs for their trading needs.

can I then automatically see all my funds from coinbase on coinbase pro?

Yes, upon successful transfer, funds will be immediately available to trade on Coinbase.

what happens to all the sub portfolios?

Unfortunately, Portfolio and sub portfolios are not supported in Advance Trade. You may check the differences between Coinbase Pro and Advanced Trade here.

what happens to the open orders of the: sub portfolios, and of the default portfolio?

All existing open buy or sell orders on Coinbase Pro will be canceled during migration. You can elect to cancel your open Pro orders to fully migrate your funds to our new Advanced Trading platform. Customers’ account balances will be updated to account for cancellations when transferred from Coinbase Pro to Advanced Trade.

Additionally, we would be grateful if you could check out the FAQs on the links below:

1 Like

So, from what I can understand:

• Not everyone is migrating on November 9. The migration will be gradual.
  • The people using the API will be moved much later.

Thank you for your help.

Hi @stevenb! Yes, your assumptions are correct. To restate, we’ll be transferring Pro balances to Coinbase in different phases. We’ll send customers email updates with their expected migration phase. Also, we are currently building REST and websocket protocols on Advanced Trade so that customers can use Advanced Trade under one unified Coinbase account. We will not begin sunsetting Pro APIs until we have the replacement ready for our current customers. Once it’s ready, we’ll notify our Coinbase Pro API customers to start moving their Pro balances to Advanced Trade on Coinbase. Until then, customers can continue to use Coinbase Pro APIs for their trading needs.

We hope this helps!

1 Like

This is exactly what I needed to hear. Now I don’t have to worry.
Thank you very much.

1 Like