Advanced Trade Basic Questions

I’m trying to develop an app for Coinbase trading. Should I use Pro or Advanced at this point? What is the reason for Coinbase moving from Pro to Advanced Trade? What’s the difference and what are the improvements? Are there any limitations with AT that Pro didn’t have? When will Pro end and is Advanced Trade ready to be used with actual money?

Mark

Hey, you will get a response from support, but if they are migrating from PRO and it will stop supporting it. Advanced Trade API is ready to be used with actual money, I have implemented it with my application and it works pretty great, I have found that it lacks a broad documentation but that’s it.

Hello @Gixxer! First, we welcome you to Coinbase Developers Forum! We appreciate your enthusiasm in trying out Coinbase APIs. To be able to assist you in full, we itemized your questions for better understanding:

• I’m trying to develop an app for Coinbase trading. Should I use Pro or Advanced at this point? - We highly encourage our customers to start utilizing the Advanced Trade API this is due to Coinbase Pro is planned for sunsetting during the early 2023 phase and we no longer accept clients signing up for it.

• What is the reason for Coinbase moving from Pro to Advanced Trade? - We launched Coinbase Pro in 2018 as a tool for advanced traders to conduct technical analysis and place trades by interacting directly with the Coinbase Exchange order book. Customers have told us how they love the power and singular focus of Coinbase Pro for buying, selling, and swapping crypto. Meanwhile, on Coinbase.com and the Coinbase app, we have been adding advanced crypto features to foster deeper engagement with the cryptoeconomy, such as staking, Borrow, dapp wallet, and Coinbase Card, in addition to improvements to our core trading experience. As a result, many customers rely on Coinbase Pro and Coinbase.com for overlapping sets of features, and often experience friction when transferring balances back-and-forth between the two products. To resolve this friction and offer customers the best of both worlds, we have rebuilt the full Coinbase Pro advanced trading experience within the Coinbase mobile app and Coinbase.com. With the launch of advanced trading, customers will be able to access sophisticated trading tools and leverage more Coinbase features in one place, with one balance. You may also read our Coinbase blog here and here.

• What’s the difference and what are the improvements? - Advanced Trade offers the same robust tools as Coinbase Pro, like interactive charts, advanced order types, and order books for the same low trading fees. Additionally, because Advanced Trade is on Coinbase.com, you get all the benefits of one financial account—this means you can trade, stake, borrow, earn, and spend all from your Coinbase account. We suggest visiting our Help Center page to learn further information about Advanced Trade and its difference to Coinbase Pro.

• Are there any limitations with AT that Pro didn’t have? - Coinbase offers simple and advanced trading. Advanced Trading is for experienced traders and is subject to the Trading Rules. Fees on the two platforms vary. Also, Coinbase API is Rate Limited to prevent abuse that would degrade our ability to maintain consistent API performance for all users. Moreover, we recommend checking out the documentation of Advanced Trade here.

• When will Pro end and is Advanced Trade ready to be used with actual money? - As we have mentioned, Coinbase Pro is planned for sunsetting during the early 2023 phase. And YES, Advanced Trade API is now ready for utilization and you may use actual money to it.

We hope that helps! Please let us know if there’s anything else that we can assist with. We welcome you again to the community!

1 Like