Accounts List API

Hi guys,
I’m checking Accounts List API, and seeing the attribute ‘type’ in the response.
The possible values of the ‘type’ attribute inlcudes: ACCOUNT_TYPE_UNSPECIFIED, ACCOUNT_TYPE_CRYPTO, ACCOUNT_TYPE_FIAT, ACCOUNT_TYPE_VAULT

I figured out ACCOUNT_TYPE_CRYPTO will map to Primary Wallet, and ACCOUNT_TYPE_VAULT is Vault on the website FE.

But what it can be on the website for ACCOUNT_TYPE_FIAT and ACCOUNT_TYPE_UNSPECIFIED?

Thank you.

2 Likes

And what is the different between Primary wallet and Web3 wallet in term of the usage and how to recognise in Accounts List API

1 Like

Hey @phuong! Thank you for being part of the forum community and using our Advanced Trade API. Please be informed that :
ACCOUNT_TYPE_FIAT: Represents fiat currency accounts, such as USD or EUR, used to store and manage fiat currencies. These accounts are typically associated with a bank account or a credit/debit card.
ACCOUNT_TYPE_UNSPECIFIED: is actually meant to show an error and is not an input. We will update our docs for this soon.
Thank you for bringing this to our notice.
We hope this answers your question.
Do let us know in case you have any more questions or concerns.

Hi @Loop_11, thank you so much for the response.
Yes, I do have 2 follow-up questions:

1. So I only can see a fiat account on website if I connect my account to a credit or debit card?
  2. There is a ‘Web3 wallet’ under each asset in my portfolio. what is the difference between Primary wallet and Web3 Wallet in term of usage? And How to recognize it in this Accounts List API?
1 Like

Hi @Loop_11 ,
I have 2 follow-up questions:

1. So I only can see a fiat account on website if I connect my account to a credit or debit card?
  2. There is a ‘Web3 wallet’ under each asset in my portfolio. what is the difference between Primary wallet and Web3 Wallet in term of usage? And How to recognize it in this Accounts List API?
1 Like

Hi @phuong!
To address your first question, on Coinbase, you can see a fiat account on the website without connecting your account to a credit or debit card. You can deposit and withdraw funds to and from your fiat account using various payment methods, including bank transfers and wire transfers. Connecting a credit or debit card is not the only way to access a fiat account on the Coinbase website.

Regarding your second question about the difference between the Primary wallet and Web3 Wallet in terms of usage, and how to recognize it in the Accounts List API, the distinction lies in the level of control and functionality. The Primary wallet, also known as the Coinbase primary balance, stores cryptocurrencies on Coinbase.com and allows trading within your Coinbase account. It is safeguarded by Coinbase, and its private keys are managed by the platform. On the other hand, the Web3 wallet is a crypto wallet where Coinbase holds half of your private key, providing convenience for interacting with decentralized applications (dapps) and an added layer of security by not having your full private key stored in one location. To recognize these wallets in the Accounts List API, you may need to look for specific wallet types or attributes associated with each account.
Each account object in the response includes a “type” field which can help in recognizing different types of wallets. If an account is a Web3 wallet, the “type” field would typically say “web3”. A primary wallet is identified by the “primary” attribute. If the wallet is your primary wallet, then the “primary” field will be set to true.

We hope this helps.
Do let us know in case you have any questions or concerns.
Thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like