401 Error Advanced Trade JWT

Following the documentation of the new advanced trade api, I am not sure how to use the JWT token. Does the JWT Token replace the key, secret and timestamp in the headers?? If I understand correctly the JWT is set as the authorization bearer in the header and there is no other argument needed in the header for the get request. Please correct me If I am wrong, I am currently getting 401 errors…

Yes, you need to replace CB-ACCESS-KEY, CB-ACCESS-TIMESTAMP and CB-ACCESS-SIGN headers with Authorization header.

1 Like

Well thanks, but for some reason it does not work (401), checked my permissions, IP address, API Key names and private keys multiple times, is it possible that there is a problem on Coinbase side? I have been working with dozens of exchange api’s, but never had an issue like that…
I am almost certain that there is no issue with our code.

I doubt that it is Coinbase problem…

Are you correctly handling private key / secret? There are newlines… Any chance your code does not treat them as newlines?

Are you using some public well tested library to generate JWT or have your own implementation?